Sidor

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Smedjan preschool






This last weekend I went to Sätila and Smedjan preeschool. In 2008, working for a former employer, I got the very exciting assignment of creating an entirely new outdoor environment for a new built preschool called Smedjan. The building, which is great by the way, with creative indoor spaces and solar panels on the roof, was made by Wahlström & Steijner Architects. As the outdoor area was quite limited I wanted to create many different environments and spaces inspired by the surrounding landscape in concentrated form. I really do hope the children spending their days at this place are happy and inspired, I think it turned out pretty well. I'm not going to put sand next to blue rubber asphalt any time soon again though. I see now that nobody is ever going to come out and sweep of the sand!

1 comment:

  1. I'd pay money if I could go to a factory and see my machine standing up there spiting out bearings. Unfortunatelly, it will probably take another 10 more years of hard work to see the result of my work. Lucky you litle landscape architect!

    ReplyDelete