Sidor

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sneak peek: Sillvik


Last autumn I spent my days coming up with a new design for the beach of Sillvik, together with my colleagues. Yesterday some fun friends of mine who live near Sillvik told me that the construction work has begun so today I went to see the friends and the site.

The redevelopment of Sillvik is part of a project aiming to create accessability to some of the many beaches of Gothenburg and our plan for this particular one contains a bathe ramp which allows for people using wheelchairs to come into the water, a new bus stop, accessible parking, an accessible walk along the seafront, strategic paths throughout the area, many nice places to sit and ponder and a playground with equipment carefully chosen to enable people with special needs to enjoy it as well as everybody else. We got the assignment from park- och naturförvaltningen (the park and nature department) in Gothenburg.

When we came today the playing area was almost done. I'm very happy with how the fish turned out!

1 comment:

  1. Jag förstår att du är nöjd med sillarna. De är väldigt fina. Vilken fantastisk plats att lägga en lekplats på!

    ReplyDelete