Sidor

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

An urban jungle encounter


Redbergsplatsen 11:09 am

A very old little lady was sitting next to a young man on the tiny bench at the bus stop .The young man was wearing shiny boots, black pants with creases, some sort of short black jacket and a tie. His head was shaved, his nose very eagle like and he looked very angry. As I approached the bus stop a thought went through my head that maybe ha was a member of an extreme right-wing organization of some sort. A third person appeared, a women who wasn't very old but not very young either. She walked up to the two on the bench and said, in quite an hostile way, mainly addressing the young man:

-This bench is supposed to seat three people. I'm sick, just so you know. I need to sit down!

I waited and observed. The young man stood up smiling, pointing at the place where he just sat and said:

-Oh, you can take my place, I don't need to sit.

The woman, quite perplexed, sat down at the edge of the bench and said:

-Well..., maybe there is enough room for you as well.

The young man sat down again, now squeezed in between the very old lady and the apparently sick woman and said with an even bigger smile:

-Oh, how nice to be seated between two beautiful ladies like this!

-Two old ladies as least, the very old woman said with a little smile.

-And beautiful just as well!, the young man responded.

The sick woman thawed a little and mumbled:

-Well, it's a little warmer to sit here under the roof than over there.

-And now I had even warmed up the seat for you!, the young man said and all three of them laughed.

Oh, our prejudices!

2 comments:

  1. Så mysigt! Det känns som en utmaning att tolka engelskan också. Dagens nya ord "prejudices".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today the boss of the boss of the boss of my boss came to me and put his hand on my shoulder. Like the medium old lady in the bus stop I was quite perplex. This superboss is actually more than 2 meters high and very famous for his bad temperament so I though "ohohoh, something is really wrong here". Then he said "guess who got really happy last week?". Just to show how scared I was I said "well I don't think my boss was so happy last week because he fell down the stairs and broke one rib", which is true by the way. Then the superboss smiled and said "no, it was not your boss who got happy last week, it was our American colleagues when they got to know that you are back in our company".

    ReplyDelete